Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Three posts in one week-- GASP!

A long time ago in the faraway land of B.Y.U., there was two beautiful women, who happened to be my roommates. One day, these two wonderful roommates decided that they were going to "do a marathon." They asked people if they would like to "donate" to said marathon. At the time, one of these young ladies had not one, but two dashing suitors that clambered for her hand. Both suitors agreed to donate, as to not be outdone by the other. When the day of the "marathon" came, my roommates happily announced that it was not to be a traditional marathon, ney, but a movie marathon. They proceeded to watch extended versions of all three Lord of the Rings.


I have decided to "do a triathlon." In the spirit of me getting more fit, I have just registered to participate in the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Triathalon (Sprint) on Saturday September 12th which will benefit Muscular Dystrophy.

This event features a 700 yard open water swim, a 13 mile bike leg, and a 5k run in beautiful Myrtle Beach. I just registered, and I am so EXCITED but sooo NERVOUS! Any "donations" (wink, wink), support, encouragement, spectators, or anyone with an extra road bike I could borrow would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Liz Horton said...

Good luck!!! Doing anything that ends with "thon" is something I'd love to do but don't have the guts for. So good luck and happy swimming, running, and biking!

Sarah said...

who would do that lazy movie marathon?! seriously!!! :D

i'm excited for you muchly.

Emily S. said...

WOW! You're way more ambitious than I! I'm running a 5K in 7 weeks. You're going to do great!!! Is Steve doing it with you?

shilo said...

Holy blast from the past! I totally remember that day! Unfortunately I couldn't attend the marathon because I had a marathon of my own that day: my sister in law got married that morning, I had my bridal pictures done that day, and I had my family wedding party that night. (Thanks again for working with my "special" hair that morning!) Good times!