Sunday, February 15, 2009

One "Steamy Night!"

Steve and I share many things in common. Not the least of these is the same birthday. This often causes confusion. We often get “You don't really have the same birthday, do you???" Indeed, we do. Steve is only 3 hours older than me, which makes celebrating our birthday quite an event. 

This year we chose to go to The Melting Pot. It was AMAZING!!!! If you ever have a really special occasion, go there! It is well worth it although a bit pricey. 

You start with a cheese fondue. The cheeses are all high quality, but do be adventurous-- you can eat cheddar anytime! To dip, you get apples, chunks of bread, and raw vegetables.

Next, (not pictured) is the salad. This was probably one of the best salads I have ever eaten. Unfortunately, you have to pace yourself! 

Then came the main course. Delectable is all I can say. We had lamb, steak, chicken, pot stickers, and shrimp. It also comes with vegetables to cook. 

Finally, dessert. They really save the best for last! Ours was flambéed right in front of us! 

Words cannot describe!!!

Sorry this is a little belated! If you were wondering… our birthday is January 22nd. :) 

2 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

I have been dying to go to the Melting Pot. I am so jealous.

Kara said...

This is our next date for sure! Happy B-day (that's AWESOME that it's the same day) and, as I said on Sunday, I LOVE your hair!!!